Regional Flights to Victoria Falls
FastJet – will start flying directly from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls from 1 December 2020 on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Return flights start from R5500 pp including airport taxes. to book flights go to https://www.fastjet.com/en
Country entry Covid requirements
Entry Requirements for International Travellers
All passengers entering Zimbabwe from an international destination are required to have the following:
- A negative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) COVID-19 test certification, obtained not more than 48 hours before boarding.
- A completed Health Questionnaire, which will be provided in-flight.
- You should expect to undergo COVID-19 symptom screening upon arrival at the airport. If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 you will be required to quarantine and adhere to any additional directives from
- the relevant health authority.
- Lancet Clinical Laboratories have set-up a laboratory test site at the Victoria Falls Airport in order to provide Covid-19 PCR Tests for travellers arriving into the tourism hub of Zimbabwe.
- As per the Ministry of Health and Child Care requirements, all regional and international travellers arriving into Zimbabwe will be required to produce a negative Covid-19 certificate issued 48 hours or less of their
- arrival date. If a traveller is unable to produce a negative Covid-19 certificate, or is displaying Covid-19 symptoms, then they will be required to undergo a PCR test on arrival at a cost of USD 70 per test.
- Lancet Clinical Laboratories has pledged to deliver PCR results within 2 hours for both arriving and departing travellers.
- Passengers testing positive on a Covid-19 PCR test will be required to go into isolation and will be advised by Port Health under Ministry of Health and Child Care.
Entry Requirements for International Travellers
All passengers entering South Africa from an international destination are required to have:
- A negative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) COVID-19 test certification, obtained not more than 72 hours before date of travel. This can be done at Lancet Clinical Laboratories in Victoria Falls
- The COVID Alert South Africa mobile app (available from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- You will need to complete a Health Questionnaire upon arrival, as prescribed by the relevant authorities at the airport. You should expect to undergo COVID-19 symptom screening upon arrival at the airport. If
- during the symptom screening procedures, you display any symptoms of COVID-19 you will be required to quarantine and adhere to any additional directives from the relevant health authority.
How to make a booking
- Upon your confirmation that you would like to proceed with a booking your Maplanga consultant will send you a booking form to confirm your holiday.
- Once a booking is made by you and the travel details confirmed to us we will send you an invoice with our full details indicated.
- Final payment is required a month prior to travel or as the terms and conditions of the service provider/s dictate.
- When full payment has been made we will send your e-tickets & travel vouchers to you. If you prefer they can collected from our offices in North Riding Estates .
- Victoria Falls is a malaria area contact your doctor or travel cinic for suitable medication prior to travel.
- We recommend that all travellers take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance. Speak to your Maplanga consultant if you would like further information on the Oojah Travel insurance we offer.
Passports and visas
- You must have a current passport that is valid for 6 months after travel.
- There must be at least two empty pages in your passport
- South African passports require not visas to enter Zimbabwe.
- Many nationalities including US, British, Australian and Canadian can purchase their visas on arrival or online. Please have cash for this. Passports requiring a pre bought visa include Greece, Colombia, India. A Univisa is available for travellers who wish to include Zambia in their itineraries.
Money, currency and credit cards
- Zimbabwe currently has no currency of its own but uses bearer notes. All major currencies will be accepted for payment in tourism towns such as Vic Falls, but the currency of choice is the USD as all prices are denoted in USD.
- . All major currencies are accepted for payment but the currency of choice is the USD as all prices are denoted in USD.
- All major credit cards are accepted at the big hotels in Victoria Falls including the aZambezi River Lodge.
- We recommend that you take along some small denominations of USD currency to pay for small incidentals, park fees and curio purchases as the local vendors do not have credit card facilities.
Victoria Falls is a summer rainfall area. The weather is mild in the day and cool at night in winter (May, June July) and warm to hot for all other months with October traditionally being the hottest month of the year when temperatures rise to the late 30's (Celsius)
Victoria Falls is a casual tourist town so shorts and T shirts are perfectly acceptable attire everywhere. The only exception is the Livingstone Room at The Victoria Falls Hotel which while is no longer as formal as days gone by has a dress code of smart casual.
If you would like an impartial reference on Malanga Africa please step by the South African consumer website Hello Peter - www.hellopeter.com